A 22-year-old South Carolina man was rushed to the hospital after police said he overdosed on heroin in a north Charlotte movie theater parking lot.
A police report says the man, “wanted to consume heroin before going in to see the movie ‘Ted’” with friends.
Police said the man, who is from Indian Land, lost consciousness while consuming the drug at the Starlight Cinemas on North Tryon St. in north Charlotte around 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Witnesses drove the man to Carolinas Medical Center University.
Police have not said whether any charges will be filed.